Pot Luck - General Knowledge 39 Quiz Questions
1. Which hit song came to Tommy James while he was sitting in a hotel room watching the flashing neon sign of the Mutual of New York building?
2. Which band had a 'Perfect Skin' in 1984?
3. Which Sixties band's compilation album was called '25 Thumping Great Hits'?
4. Peter Cetera was the singer with which band named after a US city?
5. Which US band who were invariably on the road included Bob 'The Bear' Site and Al 'Blind Owl' Wilson?
6. In what gear was King Midas according to a 1967 Hollies hit?
7. Who sang the first solo part on USA For Africa's 'We Are The World'?
8. Which of the Jackson Five married the daughter of Motown boss Berry Gordy?
9. Which UK number one hit of 1966 was recorded originally as a TV commercial jingle for petrol?
10. What is Missy short for, as in Missy Elliott?
11. From what cartoon character did Stephen Duffy take his nickname?
12. What was the title of Dire Straight' fourth UK number one album?
13. Which Uncle had a 2001 top five hit with 'Follow Me'?
14. On which Kinks album did 'Waterloo Sunset' first appear?
15. What is Santana's first name?
16. Which Prince was a profound influence on Madness?
17. What do Otis Redding, Jim Reeves, Laurel and Hardy, and Jimi Hendrix have in common?
18. Which Scottish band took their name from a line in a Script Politti song?
19. Which heavy metal frontman has a B.A. and can speak four languages?
20. What was the original title of The Beatles' 'Hey Jude'?
21. Which TV presenters enjoyed chart success as PJ and Duncan?
22. Which group backed Peter Jay?
23. Which band knocked Band Aid's 'Do They Know It's Christmas' off the top of the UK charts?
24. Which self-promoting star of the late Eighties was once a regional Golden Gloves boxing champion in Florida?
25. Which is the singer with The Cure?
1. 'Mony Mony'
2. Lloyd Cole and The Commotions
3. The Dave Clark Five
5. Canned Heat
6. Reverse ('King Midas in Reverse')
7. Lionel Richie
9. 'Get Away'
11. 'Tin Tin'
12. 'On Every Street'
13. Uncle Kraker
14. 'Something Else'
16. Prince Buster
17. They all had their biggest hits after they had died.
18. Wet Wet Wet
19. Gene Simmons
20. 'Hey Jules' (after Julian Lennon)
21. Ant and Dec
22. The Jaywalkers
23. Foreigner with 'I Wanna Know What Love Is'
24. Terence Trent D'Arby
25. Robert Smith