Pot Luck - General Knowledge 45 (30 questions)
1. In Cuba what is a habanera?
2. Which black powder is the oldest known explosive?
3. Who condemned Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego to the Fiery Furnace?
4. Which tribe did Sitting Bull belong to?
5. Sam Snead found fame in which sport?
6. Who was king at the time of the Gunpowder Plot?
7. Which musical instrument did Jack Benny play?
8. Which Latin phrase means 'in place of a parent'?
9. Dun Laoghaire is a port and suburb of where?
10. Gerald Durrell was a director of which zoo?
11. Michael Balcon was head of which influential studios?
12. Who wrote a Shropshire Lad?
13. What is the oldest university in the USA?
14. Who was the volt named after?
15. What is the lower house of the US Congress called?
16. Genocide is the destruction of what?
17. In Scandinavian myth what is Gotterdammerung?
18. Which animals' legs did the Griffin have?
19. Which magazine was famous for its nude centrefold?
20. Which director made Blackmail, Britain's first successful talkie?
21. How many tournaments make up tennis's Grand Slam?
22. Which which woman aviator did Frederick Noonan perish?
23. In which country was Hitler born?
24. What is a puck made from in Ice Hockey?
25. On which three metals would you see a hallmark?
26. In modern UK currency how much is a guinea?
27. What is a Great Australian Bight?
28. Where in London was the Great Exhibition of 1851?
29. What is HRT?
30. Which canal is also called the gut?
Pot Luck - General Knowledge Answers
6. James I
8. In loco parentis
12. A.E. Housman
14. Alessandro Volta
15. House of Representatives
16. A race or racial group
17. The end of the world.
22. Amelia Earhart
25. Gold, Platinum, silver
28. Hyde Park
29. Hormone Replacement Therapy
30. Alimentary Canal