1. What are goolet and ferula types of?
2. Which company's name is associated with the Comet aircraft?
3. What in computer language do the initials ISDN stand for?
4. Which 3rd-century Greek mathematician wrote Elements of Geometry, which remained a standard text book until the 20th century?
5. What medical apparatus was invented by a French doctor, Rene Theophile Hyacinthe Leanne, in 1816?
6. How many yards are there in a furlong?
7. What was first predicted around 600 BC by a Greek scientist, Thales?
8. Which German physicist devised a temperature scale with a boiling point of 212 degrees?
9. What does a baroscope measure?
10. What is a dirigible a type of?
11. What did the Frenchman Joseph Marie Jacquard invent?
12. Which British leader of an Antarctic expedition died in 1912 whilst returning from the South Pole?
13. In what type of engine is fuel ignited by compression?
14. Who first succeeded in transmitting a radio signal across the Atlantic Ocean?
15. What word means the bending of light when passing through a lens?
2. De Havilland
3. Integrated Services Digital Network
5. The stethoscope
7. An eclipse of the sun
9. Atmospheric pressure
11. A type of loom
12. Robert Falcon Scott