Pot Luck 17 - General Knowledge
25 Quiz Questions
1. In which film did Elvis Presley play the role of a boxer?
2. Which outlaw was killed by Bob Ford?
3. Who was Tsar Nicholas II’s youngest daughter?
4. Who won the Pulitzer Prize for his Profiles of Courage?
5. In the Bible, whose parents were Zacharias and Elizabeth?
6. Tariffs and quotas are some of the weapons used in which kind of war?
7. Of which country was Sir Keith Holyoake Prime Minister?
8. From which inn did Chaucer’s pilgrims set out in Canterbury Tales?
9. If you had tinnitus, from what would you be suffering?
10. Who was the creator of fictional detective Mike Hammer?
11. In which sport has Stephen Roche achieved success?
12. Which country is the home of Feta cheese?
13. Name the 1969 ‘road’ movie starring Dennis Hopper and Peter Fonda as two nonconformist motorcyclists.
14. Larry Hagman is the son of which famous actress?
15. Whose autobiography was entitled, ‘Is that it?‘ ?
16. In which American state is the University of Princeton?
17. What was once called a Brimstone?
18. In which war were the battles of Bunker Hill and Brandywine Creek fought?
19. Which well-loved cartoon animal made his debut in 1937?
20. What does a protractor measure?
21. What name is given to the person authorised to vote on behalf of someone else?
22. Who said the famous phrase, ‘An army marches on its stomach’?
23. Iceland and England broke-off diplomatic relations in 1976. What particular problem caused the split?
24. Fats Waller was famous as a player of which instrument?
25. Who defined democracy as ‘government of the people, by the people, for the people‘?
1. Kid Galahad
2. Jess James
4. John F. Kennedy
5. John the Baptist
7. New Zealand
8. The Tabard at Southwark
9. Ringing or buzzing in the ears
10. Mickey Spillane
13. Easy Rider
14. Mary Martin
15. Bob Geldof
16. New Jersey
18. War of American Independence
19. Bugs Bunny
23. Cod-fishing rights
25. Abraham Lincoln