Pot Luck 30 - General Knowledge
25 Quiz Questions
1. Whose second husband was Max Mallowan?
2. Who was the next British Prime Minister after Lloyd George?
3. Hopkins international airport is in which US state?
4. In which decade was the London Symphony Orchestra founded?
5. On Spitting Image who was seen as a slug?
6. Which pioneering aviator had a plane called Percival Gull?
7. Which Earl has presented Miss World?
8. Who had a UK No1 hit with A Little Peace?
9. What was Charlotte Brew’s famous first?
10. What star sign is shared by Danny La Rue and Roy Walker?
11. Which magician’s wife wrote songs on That’s Life?
12. Vehicles from which country use the international registration letter MA?
13. How old was Elizabeth Taylor when she appeared in National Velvet?
14. Educationalist Maria Montessori was Italy’s first ever female what?
15. What is the population of South Africa to the nearest million?
16. When was the Daily Express founded?
17. Who was the first person in the 90s to have a solo Christmas No 1 hit?
18. Who was Poet Laureate from 1913-1930?
19. Elmas International airport is in which country?
20. Whose autobiography was called Arias and Raspberries?
21. Henry Becquerel shared a Nobel prize for his work in discovering what?
22. Who took the assumed name Sebastian Melmoth when living in Paris?
23. At which ground did Muralitharan take nine wickets v England?
24. Established in 1919 which is the world’s oldest surviving airline?
25. Which personality had her shoe replaced by an army boot in a classic Morecambe and Wise sketch?
1. Agatha Christie
2. Bonar Law
4. First of the 20th century
5. Kenneth Baker
6. Jean Batten
9. Female Grand National rider
11. Victoria Wood
14. Medical student
15. 42 million
17. Cliff Richard
18. Robert Bridges
20. Harry Secombe
22. Oscar Wilde
23. The Oval
25. Shirley Bassey